On Sale Now!

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sir Owl Knight, if you please...

Here at Owl Knight Publishing, we fuckin' love owls!  And by we, I mean just me...

It was easy coming up with the name and I explained why in my previous post, but creating our little mascot wasn't as easy.

Designing Sir Hoot!

(Or whatever his name will be...)


So unlike me, my girlfriend +Jordyn Boci can actually draw (and scuplt, sew, paint, craft leather, etc.)  So I gave her a vague description like, "An old ruffled owl, in plate mail, with a book and quill.  Oh!  And he's seen some shit in his days of adventuring."

A day later I get this back:

I like the one under the normal owl.  He's more cute than gruff.

As you can see she was trying to figure out the plate mail and helm; as well as the placement of his quill and whether or not he should be profiled.

Another day and I get this:
The one on the right reminds me of Saruman if he poly-morphed into an owl.

Getting closer here, the armour was decided, but still working on his profile.

Finally after about a week (she was busy) she shows me this!


Perfect I say, except he should be snapping his quill in disgust.  Why?  I don't know, the owl has been through the grinder.


And that's how you design an Owl Knight!  Now if you'll excuse me I have do some re-writes on my first adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment