Thursday, December 31, 2015

On the Eve of a New Year!

I'm thrilled to be posting today! What better way to kick off a new year than with some fantastic artwork from +Stefan Poag! You may have already seen the work in progresss if you follow his blog. Well yesterday he sent me the final piece that is to be the cover art for my 0-level Adventure for DCCRPG Sky ov Crimson Flame.

Before I show off the final piece and mock up of the adventure cover I thought I'd show off some progression pictures!


Here was my idea for the cover art. Low angle, towering keep, scary stuff, and hapless villagers. Now I know what you're thinking; why would I even have anyone else draw up a piece when I have this masterwork of art...

Stefan sent me back not one but two sketches. This first which is similar to my orginal design, abid, slightly better... :-p



The second was another angle, an over-the-shoulder of the witch! This is just one of my reasons to work with Stefan or any qualified artist is they will hopefully, and I fully encourage it, provide their own suggestions on what the perfect piece will look like.


 Well I fell in love with this piece and gave him the go ahead to work his magic!


A week or so later I get this glorious piece!

And here is the mockup of what the cover may look like.


In celebration of this I have started a Google+ Community page for Owl Knight Publishing. I'm hoping in a short time many discussions can be had there concerning this and future adventures. Sky of Crimson Flame will hopefully be out by Spring 2016 if not before. I am currently working on the layout and getting more artwork finished.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DCC DAY 2022

Hello everyone! DCC DAY is fast approaching and surprisingly enough there are no FLGS in my city that are hosting... But I shan't let th...